Vehicles: The Tammie Norrie
The Atlantic Puffin is also known as “Tammie Norrie”
The iconic Puffin is a seabird related to the Auk family of Birds. The Atlantic Puffin is only found in and around the North Atlantic Ocean with many breeding grounds in Scotland, Iceland and the Faroes.
They perch in nests or burrows on Sea Cliffs in Spring to breed, mating with their partners for life. The chicks feed on small fish brought to them by their parents, who also protect them from predators, for six weeks whilst they grow.
The fully fledged chicks launch themselves from the cliffs into the sea at 6 weeks old, and then spend many years at sea, before returning as Adults to begin the breeding cycle again.
The Atlantic Puffin is recognisable from its black crown and back, contrasted with it’s white chest, but the greatest characteristic is their wide marked red and black beak and orange legs. The Puffin is sometimes referred to as “the clown of the sea” with it’s playful looks.
In Scots, the Puffin is known as the “Tammie Norrie”, originating from the Shetland and Orcadian names for the Birds. These can be shortened to “Tammy” or “Norrie”.
Enjoy the great outdoors in comfort & style in a sustainable and environmentally kind manner.
Our Motto - Take only Photographs... Leave only footprints
About The Tammie Norrie
The Tammie Norrie, represents our family and friends vehicle, just like the Puffin family. It offers you a self-contained home from home experience, with all you require for your trip. Heating, Lighting, Cooking, Fridge and two Double beds - Indoor and Outdoor living with the Awning and Picnic Table and Chairs. It even has a Portapotti and Thermal shower with outside pop up PrivacyTent!
We would like you to undertake your trip of a lifetime, escape into nature, activity holiday, or gentle tour around our beautiful country in the same manner: To reach remote places, blend in with the locals, (socially distant – of course) to not make a fuss, to appreciate and respect people, places and the environment.
- 4 Berths, 2 Double Beds and Electric Top-Roof
- Onboard Programmable and Remote Control Parking Heater
- Fridge-Freezer, Twin Gas Hob, 6.5kg Gas Bottle & Safety Valve onboard.
- Fresh Water and Grey Water Tank
- Fresh Water Stainless Steel Sink & Tap
- Onboard Gas and Leisure Battery
- 2.0 TDI Blue Motion SWB 150PS Diesel Engine
- Automatic & DSG 6 Speed Gearbox
- Electric Windows, ABS, ESP and Adaptive Cruise Control
- DAB Radio / CD player, Aux Input, SD Card Slot 12V Charging Slot
- Twin Swivel Captains' Chairs, Adjustable Seatbelts and Airbags
- Families, Couples, Friends and Grandparents
- Very Easy to Drive - Just like a Car
- Only 5 metres long, 2 metres wide and 2 metres high – Approx 3 tonnes.
- Maximum Capacity: 4 Adults or 2 Adults & 2 Children or similar combination.
Rent The Tammie Norrie
Embark on your adventure with the “Tammie Norrie” at a Rate of £135/day - Minimum 3 day Hire. This includes Fully Comprehensive Insurance, Full RAC Cover, and Covid Compliant Cleaning on your departure.
Note: Hand Wash and Hand Sanitiser and daily cleaning materials are all provided.
Equipped with Heating, Gas Cooker, Electric Fridge, Leisure Battery, Food Grade Water Hose, Pots, Pans, Cooking Utensils, Cutlery, Crockery, Mattress Protector, Folding Picnic Table & Chairs. A Cycle Rack, Porta-Potti and Thermal Camping Shower, Privacy Tent, Sleeping Bags can all be added in Extras.
A Full Handover (socially-distant) will be provided on how all the facilities onboard work, as well as written instruction guides and photographs. We will also be available by Phone, Messenger or e-mail to answer your queries.